Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We are truly enjoying our time together. The kids are all getting along well and Josh seems to fit right in. I thought it was pretty amazing when I was talking to Chase about all of this and she said that it kind of feels like a puzzle piece was missing in our family, that has now been filled. We know that their are going to be challenges in the future, but right now things are going really well. I walked Josh around his middle school campus to talk to all of his teachers about being gone during finals and what he can do to keep up. As we were walking around campus we ran into his principal. He came right over to shake Josh's hand and then Josh politely introduced him to me. He shook my hand and pointed to Josh and said, "This is a good young man." Of course I agreed, but of course that is always nice to hear. Then as we walking a little farther along the path, I spotted a friend of mine and Brooklyn's teacher at Church. Before I could say Hi, Josh was waving to her and saying Hello Ms. Peterson! She turned and said hello to Josh and then realized I was standing next to him. She then covered her mouth and said "Oh my, this is your Josh... I love Josh!" She then told him that she had been reading all about him and had not realized that he was who we had been talking about. (She has been his teacher all year at a fun after school youth program called PULSE.) So thank you Kathleen for your comments to Josh at school and the sweet message that you left for him (and our family,) on the message board- it was wonderful to run into you yesterday!

8 comments:

Karyl said...

That is all absolutely AWESOME! We are so happy for all of you.

Kim said...

Go Season! I love when an idea gets into your head and you run with it. There is no stopping you. Josh you are blessed into a wonderful home!

Melanie said...

Hey Seas - we are so glad we got to meet Josh this weekend. We all had a lot of fun (and thanks for delaying your trip home!) Josh has a pretty good sense of humor (although please tell him I want some new knock-knock joke material next time we visit..hee hee). Love you guys!

The Nut House said...

Hey Squeezin' How come this is the first time I knew you had a blog. I am SO excited to keep up with your family besides through the care page. We still keep Chase in our nightly prayers and think of you all often. I am so excited for you guys and your situation with Josh. He is so lucky to get to be part of your awesome family. You can also check out our family blog at www.thechesnutchat.blogspot.com. I would love to hear from you soon.
XOXO-Paige

tamster17 said...

Hi Season! It's been a LONG time girl! Just saw your blog on Karyl Stroble's and wanted to check it out. It's been fun to get a glimpse into your life and see your cute kids. You look great! Sounds like you guys have been on quite a roller coaster ride with your daughter's health this past year and also have recently added another special one to your family. You have shown a lot of faith and strength and have been truly blessed for it! I'm so inspired by you guys! Hope we can stay in touch! :-)

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Season, hope you guys are having a fun time on your trip. I didn't realize you had a blog. Well I've added it to my list now. :D

TTFN!

~Amber

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

I just discovered your blog and thought I'd say hello. You have such an awesome family and I admire you, all of you, so much!

Rhonda said...

Hey Season,
I had such fun last night at Aubrey's. It is nice just to have some girlfriend time and do crafts at the same time. My blog address is ortunofamily.blogspot.com. our prayers are with your family and especially Chase next week. Love you guys....